Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ugly Marketing

OK. I admit this is somewhat of a vent, as it relates to the hospital where my mother died. I won't disclose the hospital, even though some of you know who it is and how they handled that communication. But this marketing snafu is enough to make any of my former Discover Card or Sachs Group buddies' eyes roll.

I received a letter from my mother's PCP. It was a "Dear Patient" letter announcing he was no longer practicing to concentrate on his administrative duties. Two things wrong.

1. Personalization technology has been around for how many centuries? The letter should have been personalized.

2. I am not a patient of this physician. My mother was. My mother had died ten months before this letter was sent. Ever heard of data hygiene?

The lessons obviously are many. But they are too obvious to even state.

Feel free to comment below, or to share your horror stories

No comments:

Post a Comment